Assistance with building symfony for jessie

Hello all,

I have been working on the LTS update for symfony and while I completed
the backports of all of the patches several weeks ago I have not managed
to get the package to build on jessie.  In particular, the build fails
because of the unit tests.

To determine if any of my changes had anything to do with the unit test
failures I attempted to build the current version in jessie,
2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3.  That build attempt also failed.

I tried several different approaches to building the package (version
2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3) using different versions of dependencies to see
some dependency update along the way triggered new failures.  Here are
the build attempts I made:

- build in an updated jessie cowbuilder with gbp (FAIL)
- build in a jessie chroot using dpkg-buildpackage with dependencies at
  versions as they existed when version 2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3 was
  uploaded on 10 May 2016 (FAIL)
- build in a jessie chroot using dpkg-buildpackage with dependencies at
  versions as they existed at the initial release of jessie (FAIL)
- build in a wheezy cowbuilder with gbp (FAIL, some dependencies do not
  exist in wheezy)
- build in a stretch cowbuilder with gbp (FAIL, some dependencies do not
  exist in stretch)

Since symfony is arch:all, there are no buildd logs to consult.  As a
result, it would be helpful if one or two others out there could attempt
to build symfony 2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3 and report on the result.  If the
build is successful, I would appreciate a copy of the build log.  Or,
perhaps, if you are able/willing to finish the update and perform the
upload, I can provide my patches.

Regards,

-Roberto

--