Re: XFS Metadata corruption detected - linux-image-4.9

On Sat, 2018-07-21 at 16:26 +0200, Luis Díaz González wrote:
> Dear all
>

> After update to linux-image-4.9 in jessie, the system cannot mount XFS
> filesystem. The system recommends run xfs_repair (>= v4.3) to fix the
> issue, but the current xfsprogs is v3.2.1
>
> I have gone back to linux-image-3.16 and no longer triggers any problems
> in the logs, the filesystem is OK.

As I wrote in the announcement, there is no need to upgrade to Linux
4.9 just because it's available.  Linux 3.16 will still be supported
throughout the jessie LTS period.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Anthony's Law of Force: Don't force it, get a larger hammer.