Re: mercurial new test packages

On 2018-07-05 18:40:37, Brian May wrote:
> Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@orangeseeds.org> writes:
>
>> I am skeptical as well, and yes, it's a dict (.items()), so it should
>> *not* return constant ordering. But I'm just telling you what I am
>> seeing here. The #mercurial devs proposed doing a sorted() here to
>> return constant order, but I am not sure it's a better solution as it
>> changes behavior more fundamentally..
>
> I haven't seen the code, but to me it sounds like this is probably the
> idea fix. It doesn't really change the current behaviour if the current
> behaviour is undefined or non-determistic.

That's true. I'm just hesitant in changing something that is actually
fairly similar in terms of code in later versions, from what I can
tell. I'm worried I'm also hiding a problem, just deeper than just in
the test suite...

But considering that's what upstream suggested, I've given it a try and
so far it looks like it works reliably as well, so I'll probably go
ahead and upload that.

A.

--
We reject kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in rough consensus and running code.