Re: Xen 4.4 updates vs. Xen Stretch backport

On Mon, 2018-12-03 at 15:49 -0500, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> On 2018-12-03 20:40:08, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I don't see this as an acceptable option for LTS.  We could maybe add a
> > xen-4.8 package if it was popular in jessie-backports, but that doesn't
> > excuse us from having to support 4.4.
>
> As I was repeatedly told during my work on Enigmail / GnuPG, I will
> myself remind us all that jessie-backports is unfortunately not an
> option anymore. :)

I know; I meant that if xen was a popular package in jessie-backports,
then the newer version could be considered as an addition to jessie—as
I've done with linux-4.9.

But in fact xen isn't in jessie-backports at all, so there's no reason
to think many jessie users have a newer version of it.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Who are all these weirdos? - David Bowie, on joining IRC