Re: Confusing our users - who is supporting LTS?

I've seen this sort of thing done elsewhere and the way they did it was to put a large amount of separation between the two.

So the main site only mentioned the old releases in a historical context and pointed to a separate website which did the LTS. Any page for the older versions had a prominent common banner stating this.

The Debian website doesn't really show this.

Forget being a developer for a moment and look at https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/ for example, it's not terribly clear.

Or https://packages.debian.org/jessie/procps is this still maintained?

Eg "After /date/ Debian version X is no longer supported by the Debian project, see ancientdebian.org". Every page every time. I'm not saying as annoying as those cookie notices, but something close.

It has to be clear there is this cutoff. The fact that some developers work on it is fine, but stating that anywhere muddies the waters.

Not an ideal situation and you'll still cop some emails but it might help.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small             https://dropbear.xyz/     csmall at : dropbear.xyz
Debian GNU/Linux        https://www.debian.org/   csmall at : debian.org