Re: git-annex security update ready for testing and review

Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> I'm now more confident the patchset is complete. There are one tiny bit
> I'm still slightly unsure of. In Command.Reinject.perform, there was a
> `boolSystem "mv"` call lying around that was turned into a `moveFile`
> some time between the jessie version and 2fb3722ce. I figured this was
> the last instance of such an "mv" call and that moveFile does what it's
> supposed to do in the jessie version. So to avoid any compiler mishaps,
> I figured I would just use moveFile there but I'm not certain of the
> implications.

I don't think this change was strictly necessary, but I do think it's correct.

> I'm also wondering if there are reproducers for those vulnerabilities so
> that I can test the new packages to see if they actually fix the
> problems.

No, I don't have any. You can test downloads from localhost and non-http
url schemes to make sure they're blocked.

> So I've uploaded the test packages to my repository again:
>
> https://people.debian.org/~anarcat/debian/jessie-lts/
>
> This time, testing would be greatly appreciated. And of course, a review
> of the patchset would be great as well.

I've looked over the patchset and nothing stands out to me as a problem,
but it is of course a big patchset against a very old version so it
would be easy to miss something.

--
see shy jo