Re: Advice for building tomcat8 on jessie?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:35:50PM -0700, tony mancill wrote:

> Hi Roberto,
>
> I was able to build your jessie branch in clean jessie chroot without
> any problems.  I use sbuild on amd64.  It took about 50 minutes:
>
> > Build Architecture: amd64
> > Build Type: full
> > Build-Space: n/a
> > Build-Time: 3049
> > Host Architecture: amd64
> > Install-Time: 39
> > Job: /data/debian/sponsor/tomcat8/build-area/tomcat8_8.0.14-1+deb8u12.dsc
> > Lintian: warn
> > Machine Architecture: amd64
> > Package: tomcat8
> > Package-Time: 3093
> > Piuparts: fail
> > Source-Version: 8.0.14-1+deb8u12
> > Space: n/a
> > Version: 8.0.14-1+deb8u12
>
> Piuparts isn't consistent on my box, so I wouldn't worry about that. It
> seems okay.

Tony,

That is very puzzling.  Do you mind sending me the .build file along
with the complete command you used to invoke the build so that I can
compare it to what I am doing on my system?  If the file would be too
large for the mailing list, feel free to mail it to me directly.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez