Re: upload ant

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 05:13:22PM +0530, Abhijith PA wrote:
> Hi.
>

> I've prepared security update for ant. Please review and upload.
> Debdiff is attached. Maintainer has disabled tests in build. So I
> manually run /testEntriesDontEscapeDestByDefault/,
> /testEntriesCanEscapeDestIfRequested/ (specific to CVE-2018-10886)
> tasks from [1] upstream testsuite. I will prepare the DLA once package
> hit the archive.

Hi Abhijith,

A few notes:

- Your debian/changelog entry has trailing whitespace, which should be
  removed
- You additionally need this commit for a minor documentation/typo fix:
  https://github.com/apache/ant/commit/19910e518a669c8cc4d9b74c9ab11471c18cb634
- In the documentation changes you modified upstream's "since 1.9.12" to
  "since 1.9.4-3+deb8u1", which is good, but you left it as 1.9.12
  in once place; all instances should be changed, I think (note that the
  additional commit I mentioned above contains another instance of the
  version number that needs to be changed)
- You mention running the testEntriesDontEscapeDestByDefault and
  testEntriesCanEscapeDestIfRequested tests, but do not mention the
  testEntriesCanEscapeDestViaAbsolutePathByDefault and
  testEntriesDontEscapeDestViaAbsolutePathIfProhibited tests; can you
  run the other two and confirm that they also pass?

If you can make these corrections and confirm the additional tests, your
changes will be ready to upload.

Regards,

-Roberto

--