Re: Dealing with renamed source packages during CVE triaging

On 2018-06-08 03:29:38, Brian May wrote:
> Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@orangeseeds.org> writes:
>
>> Right now, it seems that all scripts that hammer at those files do so
>> with their own ad-hoc parsing code. Is that the recommended way of
>> chopping those files up? Or is there a better parsing library out there?
>
> It sounds like we really good do with a good parsing library. Maybe one
> that supports making changes too.
>
> I could make a start on this.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I am uncertain where to go from
here. Some scripts use JSON, others parse the files by hand... I also
found out yesterday after writing this that there is *already* a parsing
library in the security tracker. It can parse {CVE,DSA,DLA}/list files
and lives in lib/python/bugs.py, but it's somewhat coupled with the
sqlite database - i'm not sure it's usable standalone.

But yeah, maybe clarifying all this stuff would help, for sure... I
would recommend not writing yet another library from scratch however, as
we probably have a dozen such parser already and it's confusing enough
as it is. ;)

a.
--
L'ennui avec la grande famille humaine, c'est que tout le monde veut
en être le père.