Re: forward-ports to jessie and LTS transition coordination

Hi Antoine,

> >> I'm not sure how that avoids duplicate work. Just writing to the BTS
> >> does not make it very explicit that we're working on the package, unless
> >> we explicitly say so ("hi, i'm working on this")
> >
> > I think you missed the bit where I wrote "Quasi 'claim' them by
> > writing to the aforementioned bug numbers". :)

> I did not - I did say was that it was needlessly noisy and impractical
> for packages with large number of bugs / CVEs.

(I interpreted your "unless we explicitly say so" to be at odds with
my remark where I suggest we do exactly that... but no matter!)

For the packages with a huge number of outstanding CVEs I think could
be convinced... But perhaps simply writing to debian-lts is enough?

I'm easy really, and not against seeing data/dla-needed.txt being used
"early" and will switch to that if you think that would be more useful
for these larger packages; I am on smaller ones right now so not
exposed in a true practical sense to the issue. :)

Best wishes

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb