Re: Draft for EOL announcement

Am 22.05.2018 um 12:17 schrieb Moritz Muehlenhoff:
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 11:56:00AM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are approaching the end of Wheezy LTS on May 31. As usual we intend
>> to communicate the end and start of a new LTS cycle on various channels.
>> I have created the following draft which I intend to submit to the
>> Publicity team. Any improvement suggestions are welcome.
>
> Why the publicity team? These announcements can go to lts-announce, the
> same way EOL announcements for regular releases are going to
> debian-security-announce only. After all anyone using LTS will already
> have to be on lts-announce to receive notifications.

The announcement will also be sent to debian-lts-announce. We believe
that the end of Wheezy LTS and the start of Jessie LTS is an important
event for Debian and should be communicated as such. We have done the
same for the Squeeze->Wheezy transition. [1]

Cheers,

Markus

[1] https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160212