Re: Advice how to handle blender

Thank you. I marked the CVEs as ignored.

// Ola

On 11 May 2018 at 15:30, Matteo F. Vescovi <mfv@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Ola!

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:34 AM, Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> wrote:
> Hi all

> Fact: Blender is vulnerable and the vulnerability is possible code execution
> Question 1: Should we bother about updating blender in wheezy (considering
> the likelyhood of exploit, see below)?

[...]

Following a specific request from Security Team member Moritz (jmm), I
started working on backporting security fixes for that bunch of open
CVEs you cited for stretch.
On the first mail he sent me on Apr 26, he stated:

- - - >8 - - -
Still, given that it's a fair number of open issues, should we fix
at least stretch-security? It's probably fine to ignore jessie, I doubt
anyone is doing modelling with such an old version at this point (and
jessie is EOL pretty soon anyway).
- - - >8 - - -

Stretch is in my TODO list, indeed.
Jessie and wheezy could be ingnored.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

--
Matteo F. Vescovi || Debian Developer
GnuPG KeyID: 4096R/0x8062398983B2CF7A

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /