Re: rubygems / CVE-2018-1000074

El 10/04/18 a las 17:59, Brian May escribió:
> Hello Santiago,
>
> Just wondering if there was any reason for not fixing CVE-2018-1000074
> in DLA 1336-1?

Hi Brian,

As I said in a previous mail, I think it is a not-so-severe issue (the
user has to run the `gem owner` command for being exploitable), *and* I
found it too intrusive to be backported to versions <= 2.2. I.e. it
depends on a version of ruby's Psych that includes safe_load and all the
functions it depends on. It is to note that, AFAICS, upstream did not
included this fix in the patch for ruby 2.2 that relates to the rubygems
CVEs:
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/attachments/download/7030/rubygems-276-for-ruby22.patch

I think it is a similar case for CVE-2018-1000079. I'd like
security-team's opinion before tagging them as no-dsa.

Please, tell me if you have a different opinion.