Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 1283-1] python-crypto security update

I think this sounds like a good plan.

Sent from a phone

Den fre 6 apr 2018 11:06Brian May <bam@debian.org> skrev:
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> writes:

> This is what I think we should do.
>
> 1) Send a new DLA telling that the fix is only partial and not complete and
> in addtion that elgamal encryption is not supported by the library and
> should not be used.
>
> 2) Mark the CVE as no-dsa/ignored in the security database.

If so, do we update the DLA 1283-1 to remove the fixed status? I assume
we just have to update the entry in security-tracker/data/DLA/list?

In any case, it seems like a good plan. Unless there are any objections,
I will do this next Monday.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>