November Report

Hi,

November 2017 was my 15th month as a payed Debian LTS contributor.

I was allocated 13 hours. I have spent all of them doing the following
tasks:

* Prepare and upload quagga update 0.99.22.4-1+wheezy3+deb7u2 (DLA 1152-1).

* Reproduce various issues in lame and organize next upload with the security team:

  The preferred solution for now would be to port the Wheezy and Jessie
  versions of lame to use libsndfile. Apparently the lame maintainers
  are interested to do it for the next Jessie point update, so I'll
  take care of forwarding the changes to Wheezy.

* Prepare, test and upload ming 1:0.4.4-1.1+deb7u5 (DLA 1176-1)

  Similarily to 1:0.4.4-1.1+deb7u4, this upload has been quite a lot of work
  since I've been writing all patches by myself. Fortunately, upstream was
  still very responsive and reviewed/accepted all pull requests.

  You can find more informations about affected issues here:

  https://github.com/libming/libming/issues/78
  https://github.com/libming/libming/issues/85
  https://github.com/libming/libming/issues/86

* Prepare next security update for ming (1:0.4.4-1.1+deb7u6).

  Not uploaded yet, I am still working on patches for further issues.

  I had to request CVE numbers for two of these issues.

  You can find more informations about affected issues here:

  https://github.com/libming/libming/issues/77
  https://github.com/libming/libming/issues/75
  https://github.com/libming/libming/issues/80

* Organize libav support in Wheezy.

  Unfortunately, Diego Biurrun (which was handling libav support in
  Wheezy) encountered personal issues preventing him from continuing his LTS
  work as I was already out of assigned hours, which explains the poor
  advancement this month and the increased number of issues (45 now).

Next month I am planning to dedicate at least half of my hours to libav
support, and will continue my work on ming, with the goal of addressing all
remaining issues until next month.

Best Regards,
 Hugo

--
             Hugo Lefeuvre (hle)    |    www.owl.eu.com
4096/ 9C4F C8BF A4B0 8FC5 48EB 56B8 1962 765B B9A8 BACA