Re: libclamunrar7 i386 only deb7u1

On 21/10/17 12:08, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> debsecan reports that there's security update available for libclamunrar.
> However there's no newer version available for my system:
>
> libclamunrar7:
>   Installed: 0.99-0+deb7u1
>   Candidate: 0.99-0+deb7u1
>   Version table:
>  *** 0.99-0+deb7u1 0
>         500 file:/mount/mirrors/debian/ wheezy/non-free i386 Packages
>         500 file:/mount/mirrors/debian/ wheezy-updates/non-free i386 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>

> Looking at it there's version 0.99-0+deb7u2 available, but only for amd64
> architecture, my system is i386:
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libclamunrar7
>
> I haven't found any reason in bug reports or changelog mentioning that this
> bug would not affect i386 arch.
>
> Maybe I did not search thoroughly enough?
>
> Or should I fill a bug report for this?

Chris released this update with packages for amd64, but since this package is
from non-free, it didn't get auto-built for other release architectures. To get
other binaries, a manual binary-only upload needs to happen.

We don't support non-free, but since this upload happened, maybe we should
finish it and upload the rest of the binaries...

FWIW the same issue happened with unrar-nonfree.

Cheers,
Emilio