Re: Wheezy update of git?

Hi,

Chris Lamb wrote:

> The Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Wheezy version of git:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/git
>
> Would you like to take care of this yourself?
[...]
> If you don't want to take care of this update, it's not a problem, we
> will do our best with your package. Just let us know whether you would
> like to review and/or test the updated package before it gets released.

I'm happy to review patches for the git package.

I generally feel that securing such old versions of packages is a bit
of a fool's errand, so I don't expect to spend time proactively fixing
security bugs there.  That said, I am always happy reviewing debdiffs
and other patches, and perhaps I can learn something or get a chance
to share knowledge along the way.

Thanks,
Jonathan