Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 918-1] freetype security update

Hi,

> See https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-10328

Nice, I see it's in 'fixed' state in 2.5.2-3+deb8u1 already. I guess it was not
clear that this does not affect that version last time I checked - I remember
it was 'vulnerable' back then (April 21st).

> CVE-2016-10244 was only scheduled for the next point release due to low
> impact, but in the light of the new CVE-2017-8105, it'll be fixed in a DSA
> as well.

I see a previous CVE fixed in Debian-LTS still lights up in jessie:
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-10244

Do you happen to know if that one's coming out in a DSA?

We're keeping a special watchout for freetype due to our special use case,
where a potential DoS or memory access is a real one.

Again, thanks for your efforts, and for keeping freetype secure and patched.
Good work!

Regards,
Bolesław Tokarski