Re: Wheezy update of sane-backends?

Hello Raphael,

Am Donnerstag, den 20.04.2017, 16:55 +0200 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> Hi Jörg,
>
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, Jörg Frings-Fürst wrote:
> > > the Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> > > currently open in the Wheezy version of sane-backends:
> > > https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-6318
> > >
> > > Would you like to take care of this yourself?
> >
> > Yes, I do it.
> >
> > At the moment I'm waiting for a response from upstream. I think the
> > patch breaks with the intention of the buggy function.
>
> What's the status? More than 50 days elapsed already... and since you are
> affected to the issue, nobody else from the LTS team is looking at it.

The packages for stretch/sid and jessie are uploaded to mentors and I
ask my sponsor for a review.

> I saw you tagged #854804 as pending but I have not seen any fix in the
> packaging git repository:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/sane-backends.git

The upstream fix this here[1].

> The issue has been marked "no-dsa" in jessie. Do you intend to upload
> a stable upload for jessie?

Yes I do.

> Cheers,

CU
Jörg

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/sane/sane-backends.git/commit/frontend/saned.c?id=42896939822b44f44ecd1b6d35afdfa4473ed35d
--
New:
GPG Fingerprint: 63E0 075F C8D4 3ABB 35AB  30EE 09F8 9F3C 8CA1 D25D

Old pgp Key: BE581B6E (revoked since 2014-12-31).

Jörg Frings-Fürst
D-54470 Lieser

Threema: SYR8SJXB
Wire: @joergfringsfuerst

IRC: j_f-f@freenode.net
     j_f-f@oftc.net

My wish list:
 - Please send me a picture from the nature at your home.