Re: Wheezy update of binutils?

Hi

This was interesting information. Do you know the background why they were not accepted?
I mean if this has been a known problem and the release team rejected it maybe we should not do an update. Are there backwards compatibility problems?

Best regards

// Ola

On 21 March 2017 at 23:18, Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> wrote:
On 21.03.2017 21:01, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hello dear maintainer(s),
>
> the Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Wheezy version of binutils:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/binutils
>
> Would you like to take care of this yourself?

pleaes go ahead. afairc these patches were proposed during the wheezy freeze to
be taken from the binutils branch, but not accepted.

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /