Re: Wheezy update of suricata?

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 06:56:33PM +0100, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> However, please note, the usefulness of that old version of suricata
> (5 years old) is very reduced. People should really move forward.

I don't understand: because they are suffering from old software already, you
think it's reasonable to punish them by giving them security fixes even later?

IMO that would be really stupid to do. And I guess that's not exactly your
motivation, but I have no reason to believe you'll motivate people to upgrade
by treating them badly on old, but supported releases. I'd migrate away
if treated that way…

--
cheers,
	Holger