Re: reportbug: please inform security and lts teams about security update regressions

Hi

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 10:00:55AM +0100, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Hi
>
> Cc'ing explicitly Guido and Raphael, who commented before.
>
> On Sat, Dec 09, 2017 at 03:25:14PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have updated my patch for reportbug. Now emails are sent only to one
> > of the team mailing lists based on the release number in the version
> > string. There is apparently no simple way to determine the relationship
> > between release number, code name, suite and whether this is a LTS
> > release. So we came up with a simple json file which provides this kind
> > of information and can be adjusted as time goes by. We think that
> > security-tracker.debian.org would be a good place for this file but I'd
> > appreciate it if someone from the security team told us the exact location.
> >
> > See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=878088#45
>
> So let me first understand the information you would need from that
> file (here in sort-of-yaml):
>
> ----cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut-----
> wheezy:
>   major-version: 7
>   support: lts
> jessie:
>   major-version: 8
>   support: security
> stretch:
>   major-version: 9
>   support: security
> buster:
>   major-version: 10
>   support: none
> bullseye:
>   major-version: 11
>   support: none
> ----cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut-----

But rather in JSON than YAML. Florian would not recommend using YAML, and
furthermore it's more consistent with the tracker itself.

----cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut-----
{
  "wheezy": {
    "major-version": "7",