Re: April report

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> An update: I have mostly applied the patch in git, for Jessie (I imagine
> any good patch for Jessie will work as is on Wheezy).
>
> ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/heimdal.git - debian/jessie branch
>
> However currently having test failures. The tests refer me to:
>
> tests/kdc/test-suite.log
>
> Throughout this file I see errors that foo@SOME-REALM7.UK cannot be
> found. Which kind of has me puzzled at my tests add R8, and this is R7.

I have continued looking at this, but now getting anywhere. The Jessie
version fails a test after applying patches. The Wheezy version does not
fail any tests, but only because tests have not been enabled. This in
turn makes me nervous patching code that doesn't have working tests. If
I enable tests in the wheezy version, they fail even without the patch.

I imagine the test failures are because the patch relies on additional
changes that are not part of the patch. However as both these are git
versions of Heimdal that were never released, I don't think it is
productive use of my time to keep trying to find a solution.

I plan to mark wheezy as NODSA, same as Jessie.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>