Re: Wheezy update of batik?

Hi

Just for information. I based my conclusion on that the package is affected by a statement from security team that all versions from 1.0 are affected.

// Ola

On 23 April 2017 at 23:06, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> wrote:
On 23/04/17 21:50, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Dear maintainer(s),
>
> The Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Wheezy version of batik:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-5662

FWIW I investigated this a bit and there doesn't seem to be any details other
than what is in the advisory: i.e. I couldn't find the commit that fixes this
(looking at the svn repository) or an upstream bug report. I found a
security-related one, reported by Lars Krapf (as mentioned in the oss-security
mail) but that seemed different than CVE-2017-5662 and much older (see [1]).

Also our 1.8 and the upstream 1.9 tarballs have different layouts so it's hard
to compare them.

Cheers,
Emilio

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-1139

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /