Should icedove be renamed in oldstable?

Hi LTS Team, Guido and Christoph

In the dla-needed.txt file I found the following lines:

"icedove
  NOTE: maintainer currenlty planx to rename to thunderbird with the next
  NOTE: upstream version (#851989). Jessie / Wheezy should do the same."

I must admit that I do not really see the point in changing the name in neither stable nor oldstable.
I fully understand the change in unstable and testing, but that is another story.

There are at least two reasons why we should not do this kind of change in *stable:
1) It definitely has user impact. icecove reads its data from ~/.icedove/.
 For more information see here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=816679
 Solvable but
2) We should avoid new and removed packages if possible for oldstable.

Do anyone have a good reason why we should do the renaming in stable and oldstable?
It is sure possible, but is it really worth the hassle to do it in stable and oldstable?

Best regards

// Ola

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /