Re: status of tzdata packages in wheezy

Hello

Thanks for fast response and action.

Kind Regards
Erdem Bayer

On 10/27/2016 02:46 AM, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
On 26/10/16 10:58, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
Hi Erdem,

On 26/10/16 08:31, Erdem Bayer wrote:
Hello

As explained in debian bug 838781, Turkey choosed to change its DST policy and
will not be updating the time at the end of this month. IANA released two
updates about Turkey, 2016g and 2016h, these packages hit the stable repos
yerterday.

As this update is very important for Turkish debian users, is it possible to
take the 2016h update to wheezy, or are tzdata packages unsupported by LTS?
It's very important to keep tzdata updated, but we failed to do so the last few
months. I am already looking at the updates (I have tzdata ready, still working
on libtimedate-timezone-perl) and will upload them ASAP (hopefully later today).
I uploaded those a few hours ago.

Cheers,
Emilio