Re: graphicsmagick security update

Luciano Bello <luciano@debian.org> writes:

> On Wednesday 19 October 2016 09.07.42 László Böszörményi wrote:
>> In short, I didn't have enough time and information of the individual
>> fixes. Yesterday fixed other three vulnerabilities for Sid, will apply
>> those to Jessie as well.
>
> Hi Laszlo (and Brian)
>    Brian mentioned that he was working in some patches for stable. Is there
> any repo where he can merge them?

No, not stable, oldstable (LTS). I uploaded an update for oldstable
several days ago, however there are more security issues that I haven't
patched yet.

> The security tracker are link to each other. Usually it is up to the
> maintainer to get the patches around. But it's true, we should find a better
> way to share patches with derivatives.

In this case I am part of the LTS team. However, yes, I agree, it would
be good if both security teams and LTS teams had a better way of sharing
patches. Unfortunately, I have no good ideas on how to do this.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>