Re: inline gpg signatures from mutt

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 05:54:45PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> writes:
>
> > I use the following character combination to get it inline:
> > p s p i
>
> That is exactly what I use to use.
>
> Only now the i key does nothing - there is no inline option from this
> menu.

Are you using mutt from unstable? Then the following has changed
recently:

mutt (1.7.0-2) unstable; urgency=medium

  Starting from this version, we enable 'crypt_use_gpgme=yes' by default.
  The GPGME delegates all crypto support to gnupg, which is designed to hold
  your crypto data securely.

  The drawback is that inline signatures are no longer supported in favour of
  PGP/MIME. If you need to sign your email with inline signatures please use
  'set crypt_use_gpgme=no' in your .muttrc.

  To solve #828751 we also had to add '--pinentry-mode loopback' to all commands
  in gpg.rc, that breaks compatibility with gpg v1, if you are still using gpg
  v1 please remove that option from the invocations of the command in
  /etc/Muttrc.d/gpg.rc

 -- Antonio Radici <antonio@debian.org>  Wed, 07 Sep 2016 21:02:51 +0100

Btw, if you have a correctly configured local MTA, then maybe you can
just do the same as we do for DSA's:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianSecurity/AdvisoryCreation/SecFull#Sending_out_the_announcement_to_debian-security-announce

write the DSA, sing the DSA clearsign'ed and then
/usr/lib/sendmail -ti < DSA-2498-1.signed

Regards,
Salvatore