Re: qemu: CVE-2016-7116

Hi Hugo and Guido,

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
There are several "versions" of Plan 9 currently. The Bell one, which is rather
inactive, and forked one, 9front, which seems to be under active development[0].

oh, great, I "found" the wrong one.

I wasn't sure whether we should do an LTS upload for qemu or not. That's why I
asked here before claiming qemu in dla-needed. I'll follow the team's decision.

I hadn't heard before of 9p and I thought nobody would use it. But this seems to be wrong, so please go ahead. I removed the <no-dsa> ...

(By the way, *if we do an LTS upload*, shouldn't we include this patch[1][2],
too ?)

Yes, and while you are at it, maybe [11] from [2] is worth a look as well ...

  Thorsten

[1] http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=805b5d98c649d26fc44d2d7755a97f18e62b438a
[2] https://marc.info/?l=oss-security&m=147259351226835&w=2

[11] http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=fff39a7ad09da07ef490de05c92c91f22f8002f2