Re: wheezy-security to wheezy-lts transition

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016, Guido Günther wrote:
> > >     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=prep-wheezy-lts;users=debian-lts@lists.debian.org
> >
> > While these two are long-standing enhancement bugs which would make
> > the security team work much easier, they are unrelated to the plan
> > outlined above.
>
> I'm confused now. Arent these two bugs requirements to implement
> 1) and 3) from Raphael's BoF summary:
>
>    1/ the ftpmasters would reconfigure the suite to drop the "policy queue"
>    in front of the repositories so that uploads are immediately accepted
>    exactly like the current squeeze-lts repository (Ansgar told us this
>    was easy to do)
>    This solves problems 4 and 1 because LTS members no longer need shell
>    access if there is "approval" step in the workflow.
>
>    3/ the ftpmasters will fix dak to also send the ACCEPTED mails to the
>    person who signed the upload (this was already part of their plans
>    even before this discussion, this now gives them one reason more
>    to actually do it before the Wheezy LTS period start, aka in February
>    2016)

So #796784 is related to 3 but #796095 is not really related to 1 (except
maybe as a possible regression that we would like to avoid but that is
only barely relevant for LTS as we had very few DM uploads in squeeze-lts
AFAIK).

As I wrote in my notes, Ansgar told us that the configuration change
was easy and I thus expect that it does not need any preparation work.

But it would be nice to see #796784 fixed now that there's a working
patch...

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer