Re: Upgrading from Debian 6.0 LTS to 7

On Sat, 2016-02-20 at 14:17 +0200, Alexis Grigoriou wrote:
> Hello list,
> I just read today that Debian squeeze is reaching its EOL. I have
> followed  instructions to add LTS support to squeeze and it served me
> well. And now it is time to upgrade to wheezy. What are the actions I
> need to do? Are the steps the same as
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.html
>
> or is there more that I need to do since my installation has LTS
> support?

The same process should still work.

> One thing that comes to mind is the "squeeze-lts" entry
> in /etc/apt/sources.list. Does that need to be removed prior to
> upgrading or does the upgrade process take care of that itself?

You should remove that at some point since it will eventually result in
HTTP errors when the suite is removed from the archive, but it does not
matter whether you do so before or after upgrading.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Tomorrow will be cancelled due to lack of interest.