Re: Preparing to announce Squeeze LTS end-of-life

Hi,

On Freitag, 12. Februar 2016, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Am 12.02.2016 um 01:08 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> > Moritz is right, we should't say "wheezy LTS will end in May 2018." now,
> > but instead explicitly say "wheezy LTS will end of May 31 2018."
> >
> > And the announcement hasn't been sent yet…!
>
> As I said this should and will be corrected as part of the next wiki
> update.

I have just now amended the wiki to make it clear that Wheezy LTS support will
end at the *end* of May 2018 and Jessie LTS support will end at the *end* of
April/May 2020, so we don't have to have this discussion again in two years.

> For now it should be clear that Wheezy LTS will be supported
> until the end of May 2018.

Sadly, if you only read the "Debian 6.0 Long Term Support reaching end-of-
life" announcement, this is *not clear*, it just says "May 2018", despite we
having discussed this well in time… oh well.

I have fixed wiki.d.o/LTS now to be clear.

I hope the announcement send at the start of Wheezy LTS (there will be one,
right?) will be clear on this too.

cheers,
	Holger