Re: Preparing to announce Squeeze LTS end-of-life

Am 09.02.2016 um 16:07 schrieb Antoine Beaupré:
> On 2016-02-09 08:51:20, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> There's one irritation though, which I could not fix yet: if support for
>> Squeeze LTS ends now or on the last day of February, and support for Wheezy
>> will be taken over from the security team on April 26th, what will the LTS
>> team do in the maintime? It reads as if the LTS team would do nothing til
>> then.
>
> That was something I was wondering about as well.
>
> One idea I was thinking of was to collaborate with the secteam to merge
> all the work we have done on squeeze that still has to be forward-ported
> into wheezy.
>
> If squeeze is not supported anymore and wheezy is supported by the
> secteam, the least we could do is to make sure wheezy is up to date to
> squeeze, since we're going to have to do that work eventually anyways.
>
> How does that sound?

+1

I think the LTS team should triage and fix open security bugs in Wheezy
and we can start right now. Guido Günther has already worked on this
issue and I find his script in bin/lts-needs-forward-port.py very useful.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2016/01/msg00069.html