Re: Summary of the LTS BoF held during DebConf

On Tue, January 19, 2016 17:56, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> Moreover, squeeze lts has been advertised to end next February, the 6th
> to be precise. At the same time, the security team would support wheezy
> until April 26th 2016, which is the Jessie release date + 1 year. What
> do you think if the Squeeze lts team extends Squeeze's life until the
> end of April, to cut at the wheezy-lts starting period?
>
> Would the security team prefer the lts team focus more on fixing issues
> currently open in wheezy, but already fixed in squeeze?

I can't imagine objections that the security team would have against
extending the support until 26 April, and indeed it makes sense to align
it with the end of Wheezy support.

As to whether you spend your time on remaining squeeze or ramp-up to
wheezy or both, that is primarily the LTS team's own decision to make, of
course in consultation with the sponsors, as they probably have ideas of
what service they wish to invest in.

Cheers,
Thijs