Re: Accepted cacti 0.8.7g-1+squeeze9+deb6u13 (source all) into squeeze-lts

Hi Chris,

On 04-01-16 13:20, Chris Lamb wrote:
>  cacti (0.8.7g-1+squeeze9+deb6u13) squeeze-lts; urgency=high
>  .
>    * Correct yet another regression in patch for CVE-2015-8369, introduced in
>      0.8.7g-1+squeeze9+deb6u12. Thanks to Marcel Meckel <debian@thermoman.de>
>      (Closes: #809260, #807599)

Apart from your weird continuation of the squeeze version numbers ;),
thanks a lot for the cacti updates in lts.

Would you mind sharing your fix for CVE-2015-8377 also with the rest of
the world, i.e. add a patch to the cacti bug tracker (be it in but 2652¹
if it really is the same, or in a new bug if bug 2652 is not the same
and not fixed by your patch)? To be honest, I would have expected you
would have shared your fix somewhere, e.g. also in a regular bug against
cacti such that the (old)stable releases could more easily see/use the
patch.

The patch looks extremely simple. Could you help me by telling how you
tested the patch?

Paul

¹ http://bugs.cacti.net/view.php?id=2652