CVE triage for Xen

Hi,

Last month I've gone through most of the CVEs affecting qemu in the
past years and investigated whether they were likely to affect the
wheezy version of Xen. For that I have considered that any
vulnerability affecting the embedded version of Qemu was also
affecting Xen, which is, according to Moritz, not true.

Thus, I'd like to go through the CVEs I marked as affecting Xen in
wheezy and test whether they are really affecting Xen. However, I do
not know Xen very well and I will surely not be very efficient.

Moreover, I fear that this is not a very good way of spending my
assigned time.

So here is my question: How should we handle this mass of potential
vulnerabilities in Xen ? Should we take time to test these (mostly
minor) potential issues ?

Guido: As far as I remember, you wanted to speak about it with
Creadiv. Did you do it ? Any reply or advice from them ?

If needed, I can also take time to work on it outside of my assigned
time. In this case however, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it in a
timely manner.

Cheers,
 Hugo

--
             Hugo Lefeuvre (hle)    |    www.owl.eu.com
4096/ ACB7 B67F 197F 9B32 1533 431C AC90 AC3E C524 065E