nagios3 spurious backport?

hi,

I am looking at recent nagios3 vulnerabilities and I can't make sense of
this:

nagios3 (3.4.1-3+deb7u1) wheezy; urgency=low

[...]

 -- Jonas Meurer <mejo@debian.org>  Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:32:18 +0100

https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/n/nagios3/changelog-3.4.1-5~bpo7%2B1

nagios3 (3.4.1-5~bpo7+1) wheezy-backports; urgency=low

  * Backport for wheezy.

 -- Jonas Meurer <mejo@debian.org>  Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:59:02 +0100

https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/n/nagios3/changelog-3.4.1-3%2Bdeb7u1

Why did you upload almost identical versions of nagios3 to
wheezy-backports *and* wheezy at the time?

It will make updating this for the security issues much harder than it
should be.

Could you arrange for the backport to be updated or removed?

I am considering bumping the security release version to  3.4.1-6 to
workaround this issue, let me know if that makes sense or not.

a.

--
Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit.
                        - François de La Rochefoucauld