Re: wheezy update for libav

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 06:20:07PM +0100, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
> > In the meantime I have had an epiphany and found a simpler fix for the
> > issue after staring at the code during the refactoring backport. I'll
> > do some final tests and push it tomorrow.

This is pushed and available on the 0.8 branch, along with another fix,
libav bugs 939 and 959.

> > The reporter claims that it's specific to one clang version (3.8.1).
> > I have installed that clang version and will retry to reproduce the
> > issue.
>
> Any update on it ? Are you going to issue a new point release ?

Unfortunately I'm drowning in work for a project that's already past its
deadline. I hope to finally finish it over the weekend and get to some
0.8 work during the week.

> There are now 32 open CVEs potentially affecting libav in wheezy.
>
> I have reviewed some ffmpeg patches, and they seem to be fine. Could you
> have a look at them, and maybe merge them for the next point release ?
>
>  * check-element-type-before-applying-sbr.patch:
>    Imported from ffmpeg[0], should fix CVE-2015-6820.
>
>  * clear-pointers-allocate_buffers.patch:
>    Imported from ffmpeg[1], adapted, should fix CVE-2015-6823.
>
>  * clear-pix-buffers.patch:
>    Imported from ffmpeg[2], should fix CVE-2015-6824.
>
> By the way, I have not tested whether libav was affected or not, but the
> code is very similar, so it is very likely that libav is also affected.

I'll review them and possibly merge them during the week.

Diego