Re: Release Architectures for Debian 9 'Stretch'

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 01:43:23PM +0100, Alex Santos wrote:
> How long can we expect PPC G3, G4 and G5 architectures to continue seeing security updates? Is there a clear roadmap. Again, I apologize for being ignorant on the topic.

the current Jessie release will be supported regularily until a year after
the Stretch release date, whenever this will be, so approximatly/maybe until
May 2018. (That Stretch will be released in May 2018 is just an
estimate/guess…)

see https://release.debian.org/#release-dates for more info on the
Stretch release.

So a year after the Stretch release, the Debian LTS team will take over
maintenance of Jessie for two more years, *however* so far LTS never
included powerpc.

Maybe this can be changed, if there is enough interest and *support*.

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

--
cheers,
	Holger