Re: Wheezy update of dwarfutils?

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 05:51:52PM +0200, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Note that the last update to Wheezy LTS's package already fixed several
> vulnerabilities:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2016/09/msg00028.html
>
> You can still fix other open issues which you find reasonable to fix.

I have backported the patches I wrote for a Stable update of
dwarfutils to the current Wheezy LTS package (20120410-2+deb7u1).

I was unable to reproduce the following issues:

  CVE-2016-5043
  CVE-2016-5041
  CVE-2016-5040
  CVE-2016-5037
  CVE-2016-5035
  CVE-2016-5033
  CVE-2016-5032
  CVE-2016-5030
  CVE-2016-5028
  CVE-2016-5027

I wrote patches for:

  CVE-2016-5042
  CVE-2016-5039
  CVE-2016-5038
  CVE-2016-5036
  CVE-2016-5034
  CVE-2016-2091
  CVE-2016-2050
  CVE-2015-8750
  CVE-2015-8538

I was able to reproduce the following issues, but they appear to have
been fixed by the above patches:

  CVE-2016-5044
  CVE-2016-5031
  CVE-2016-5029

I would appreciate it if someone could verify those findings by
testing the package. I have attached the Debdiff as well as the tests
I collected from various places that are supposed to reproduce the
security issues mentioned above.

Further tests can be found here:

  https://sourceforge.net/p/libdwarf/regressiontests/ci/master/tree/

If there are no objections, I plan to upload the package one week from
now on Sunday, October 16, 2016. If there are any objections, or if
you'd like more time to review the changes, I will delay the upload,
of course.

Regards,
 Fabian