Re: Please use clean chroot (sbuild/pbuilder/etc.) for LTS uploads

Hi Balint,

Am 19.09.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Bálint Réczey:
> Please use clean chroot (sbuild/pbuilder/etc.) for LTS uploads.
> This would prevent accidental regressions related to additional
> installed packages or some VM related issues such as funny symlink
> handling of vboxsf.

So true, I just experienced that with the build+upload of libarchive
3.0.4-4+wheezy3. But just for the record: I used a virtualbox VM with
fresh Wheezy installation because the build failed to build in my wheezy
schroot due to overlay fs stuff. The tests of libarchive create several
cpio and tar archives, unpack them and compare original and result. For
some reason, directories from a cpio archive have different device
numbers than the original directory due to some overlay fs[1].

Granted, I should better have used a clean wheezy schroot without
overlay foo instead of a Virtualbox VM. Will do so in future.

> I have updated https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development with reminders.

Thanks for doing that.

Cheers,
 jonas