Re: qemu: CVE-2016-7116

Hi Balint,

> I took the liberty of claiming qemu-kvm for you in dla-needed.txt.

Thanks !

> There are also new issues reported today for qemu.

I've had a quick look at them, but I'd like to fix CVE-2016-7116 firstly.

In fact, reproducing this issue turned out to be a bit more difficult than
what I expected because I have difficulties to set up a test environment
in my VM (qemu VM with host directory sharing via 9pfs). I've encountered
a bug (exact same situation as here[0]), and I have performances issues
because of inefficient VM interlocking. I'm currently setting up a physical
wheezy system to get rid of the first virtualization level.

Cheers,
 Hugo

[0] https://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@vger.kernel.org/msg30993.html

--
             Hugo Lefeuvre (hle)    |    www.owl.eu.com
4096/ ACB7 B67F 197F 9B32 1533 431C AC90 AC3E C524 065E