Re: qemu: CVE-2016-7116

Hi Hugo,

On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 01:25:56PM +0200, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
> > Yes, qemu is supported (and there has was lots of file renaming after
> > the Wheezy version). If you handle qemu please look at qemu-kvm as well
> > (they're the same version).
>
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> By the way, could you explain me why this CVE is still labeled RESERVED,
> although a public fix explaining the security issue has been released ?

MITRE has assigned the CVE here:
https://marc.info/?l=oss-security&m=147259351226835&w=2 . Basically that
it is still RESERVED mean, that MITRE has not yet updated the
corresponding description entry in their database, at some point then
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-7116 will
contain the MITRE provided description.

Regards,
Salvatore