Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 590-1] python-django security update

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

> IMO a DLA should always explain why an update was done, at least
> very briefly. More pointers are good, but just a numeric pointer alone
> is a bit too little.

I asked for help here on the wording of the DLA, but got none. So I had
to make do with the best I could come up with. I felt I had listed the
reasons for the upload.

> (And, unrelated, the stable update had a +deb8u5 version, I think a
> +deb7uX version would been appropriate here as well.)

There didn't appear to be any need. There is never going to be any
conflict with any other distribution, which is the usual reason for
these prefixes.

(besides, wouldn't a good time to mention this have been before I
uploaded, when I was asking for people to test it?)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>