Re: Wheezy update of collectd?

Hi again,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 09:43:39AM -0300, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:
> On 07/28/2016 05:55 PM, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:
> > On 07/28/2016 05:02 PM, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> >> Thanks. I updated dla-needed.
> >>
> >> The fixed packages are ready for upload now. Please find the full
> >> debdiff (source and binary) attached to this email. Note that the
> >> (seemingly) added dependency on libxtables7 is a no-op. It's a virtual
> >> package provided by iptables (which is a dependency already).
> >> Apparently, there was some change after the original wheezy upload
> >> that's causing this to now show up.
> >>
> >> Similar, the new dependency on zlib1g shouldn't make a difference
> >> either. The package has priority=required. Not sure why it's now showing
> >> up in the dependencies but didn't previously.
> >>
> >> I'll wait for your "Go" to actually upload the package.
> > Sure, until tomorrow I'll try to test it and give you a feedback.
> >

> LGTM, I rebuilt the package and tested the upgrade in a clean wheezy
> chroot and worked well. I used the package a little bit and seems good.
> I did not try to exploit the vulnerabilities.

It turns out this introduced a regression in Wheezy (#833013) which, in
turn, uncovered a somewhat serious underlying issue. I'll go ahead to
prepare a +deb7u2 upload to fix that issue (which will then also fix the
regression).

Do you want to review the debdiff before the upload?

Based on the LTS documentation, I'll then send out a -2 DLA.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl +++ GnuPG-ID: 0x2F1FFCC7 +++ http://tokkee.org/