Re: Moving some LTS files into separate repo

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> could you move lts-needed.txt and the LTS front desk file out of
> the security tracker repo?

It would be counter-productive IMO. The gen-DLA script modifies
data/DLA/list and data/dla-needed.txt at the same time, if it had
to modify files in two repositories it would require configuration
or a specific layout.

Also it's quite common to change data/dla-needed.txt at the same time
that you modifiy data/CVE/list.

> This makes the -changes list less spammy since those files are only
> relevant to LTS.

Do you mean the secure-testing-commits list?

If we move the files to "lts-data", then you could filter out mails
with a subject ending with "- lts-data". Would this be an acceptable
compromise?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer