Re: Wheezy update of qemu-kvm?

On Mon, 2016-06-06 at 22:33 +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi Ben
>
> I can see the following note:
> [wheezy] - qemu  (Not supported in Wheezy LTS)
> [wheezy] - qemu-kvm  (Not supported in Wheezy LTS)
>
> Don't this mean that we should not update this package?

There has been discussion of dropping support for QEMU in Wheezy LTS,
as we did for Squeeze, and I can understand why that may me a sensible
decision.

However, no decision has been announced, nor is any EOL date listed in
debian-security-support:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/debian-security-support.git/tree/security-support-ended.deb7
So I don't understand on what basis these issues have been marked EOL.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings - Debian developer, member of kernel, installer and LTS teams