Re: Call for testing: upcoming libxml2 security update

Hi,
On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 11:35:18AM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Hi
>
> The upcoming libxml2 security update is little more bigger than usual,
> thus we want to expose the package a bit for additional testing. If
> you find a problem introduced by updating to these packages, please
> report the problem directly to team@security.debian.org .
>
> The packages can be found at:
>
> https://people.debian.org/~carnil/tmp/libxml2/jessie/
>
> (amd64 builds only)
>
> While preparing the jessie-security update, The commits were
> backported as well for libxml2 in wheezy. If you are using them please
> test the packages at
>
> https://people.debian.org/~carnil/tmp/libxml2/wheezy/

After smoke testing via xml-lint and virt-xml-validate I tested this on
a a wheezy machine relying on libxml2 for:

  # whatmaps libxml2
  Services that possibly need to be restarted:
  clamav-freshclam
  bind9
  libvirtd
  clamav-daemon

with no ill effects so far. I also had a quick look at the patches (at
least making sure every CVE has a corresponding patch)
Cheers and thanks a lot for working on this!
 -- Guido