Re: HFS+ specific vulnerability

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> I think there would need to be some code to disable the UDF code if it
> isn't a UDF file system. Even if just for compression not
> decompression. Still looking for this however.

Just realized I have been talking a lot of nonsense. UDF support isn't
about compressing files from UDF file systems, it is about compressing
UDF images. So yes, it is a format issue like Ben said, and it should
get fixed.

I suspect that the HFS+ issue is not a problem, as I can't see the
vulnerable code, however I will double check this again tomorrow.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>