Re: Security update of dhcpd5

Hi again

It was possible to build this but it was not trivial. The Android tests must be done with some clever automation because I had to edit the dhcpcd.c file to rename the main function there.

Building worked after that.
g++ -Wall -Werror -Wunused-parameter -I/usr/src/gtest -I. /usr/src/gtest/src/gtest-all.cc /usr/src/gtest/src/gtest_main.cc dhcpcd_test.cpp *.o */*.o -lpthread -lrt

And the result was this:
root@tigereye:~/build/dhcpcd5/dhcpcd5-5.5.6# ./a.out
Running main() from gtest_main.cc
[==========] Running 6 tests from 1 test case.
[----------] Global test environment set-up.
[----------] 6 tests from DhcpcdGetOptionTest
[ RUN      ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.OptionNotPresent
[       OK ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.OptionNotPresent (0 ms)
[ RUN      ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.TypeIsOffTheEnd
[       OK ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.TypeIsOffTheEnd (0 ms)
[ RUN      ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.LengthIsOffTheEnd
[       OK ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.LengthIsOffTheEnd (0 ms)
[ RUN      ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.ValueIsOffTheEnd
[       OK ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.ValueIsOffTheEnd (0 ms)
[ RUN      ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.InsufficientSpaceForValue
[       OK ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.InsufficientSpaceForValue (0 ms)
[ RUN      ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.InsufficientSpaceForContinuedValue
[       OK ] DhcpcdGetOptionTest.InsufficientSpaceForContinuedValue (0 ms)
[----------] 6 tests from DhcpcdGetOptionTest (0 ms total)

[----------] Global test environment tear-down
[==========] 6 tests from 1 test case ran. (0 ms total)
[  PASSED  ] 6 tests.

Do you think we should include this dhcpcd_test.cpp file in the package that I upload? In order to run it the source have to be modified. I'm not sure how much this would give.

I can add it if you think it would be useful.

// Ola